|1. About EpsonNet WebAssist
The functions of EpsonNet WebAssist are explained here.
Click the links to see the function's page.
|[Home]||: Links to the opening screen (General Information on the network interface).|
|[Help]||: Links to Help.|
|[About WebAssist]||: Displays EpsonNet WebAssist information.|
|[Link to EPSON]||: Links to the EPSON Web site.|
EPSON logo in Menu also links to the same destination.
|[Favorite]||: Links to the Web site previously defined by the administrator in Administrator Information.|
|This section displays the current network interface setting information for the respective networking environment. This section is accessed in Read Only mode.|
|General||: Displays the opening screen with network interface information.|
|TCP/IP||: Displays the network interface setting information for TCP/IP.|
|1.3 Configuration - Network|
|This section is used to initially configure or change the network interface settings for the applicable networking environment. Each page can be protected by a password.|
|TCP/IP||: Enter/Select the desired settings/method for TCP/IP.|
|1.4 Configuration - Optional|
|This section contains optional capabilities. Each page can be protected by a password.|
|Administrator||: Enter the administrator information.|
|Reset||: Resets the network interface or returns to the default settings.|
|Password||: Sets the password.|
|Update Home Page||: Updates EpsonNet WebAssist.|
This section contains the network interface information. It is the first page that appears after running EpsonNet WebAssist.
You can also check this information on the network interface package, the sticker on the network interface.
|Administrator Name||: The information to identify the administrator for this scanner.|
|Network Interface||: The model of the network interface.|
|MAC Address||: The address of the network interface. You can distinguish network interfaces by the MAC address.|
|Hardware Version||: The hardware version of the network interface.|
|Software Version||: The software version of the network interface.|
|Model Name||: Displays the model name of the attached scanner.|
|Status||: A signal indicates the status level. The Green light is on when the scanner is idle. The Yellow light is on when the scanner is used. The Red light is on when the ADF has no paper or if paper is jammed, the cover is open, or an error has occurred.|
|Refresh button||: Refreshes scanner status.|
- Note -
- The scanner status is not updated automatically. Press the Refresh button to display the latest scanner status.
The TCP/IP screen appears when you click TCP/IP under Information or Configuration.
Configure the network interface for TCP/IP when you use your scanner in a TCP/IP environment.
|3.1 IP Address Setting|
|Get IP Address||: Select the way of acquiring the IP address.|
|IP Address||: Enter the IP address for the network interface if set to Manual.|
|Subnet Mask||: Enter the subnet mask.|
|Default Gateway||: Enter the default gateway address if needed.|
|Set using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA)||: Select Enable if you want to acquire a private IP address between 169.254.1.1 and 169.254.254.254 automatically when an IP address cannot be assigned by the DHCP server.|
|Set using PING||: Select either Enable or Disable to acquire the IP address using the PING command.|
|3.2 Host Name and Domain Name Setting|
|Setting Method||: Select a setting method: Manual or DHCP. If you want to get a host name and a domain name from the DHCP server, select DHCP.|
|Host Name||: Enter the host name supported by the Dynamic DNS (between 2 and 63 characters). The total number of characters of the host name and the domain name must not exceed 251.|
|Domain Name||: Enter the domain name supported by the Dynamic DNS (between 2 and 249 characters). The total number of characters of the host name and the domain name must not exceed 251.|
|Request DNS dynamic updates via DHCP server||: Select Enable if you want to send the host name and the domain name to the DHCP server that supports Dynamic DNS update to request for DNS dynamic updates.|
- Note -
- EpsonNet WebAssist uses TCP/IP protocol to communicate with the network interface. If you change the IP address, current communications will stop. You need to configure the network interface with the new IP address.
- Ask your network administrator for the IP address and default gateway.
- A DHCP server must be used in conjunction with the [Auto] setting under [Get IP Address]. Do not use [Auto] without DHCP server.
- Please refer to your user's manual for server configurations.
- DO NOT specify the IP address or the other items when you select [Auto].
|You can enter the administrator name and link to the Web site specified in this screen by clicking [Favorite] in the Index. The word "Favorite" is the default name, and it can be changed by renaming the Favorite Name.|
|Administrator Name||: Enter the information to identify the administrator for this scanner (up to 128 characters).|
|Favorite Name||: Enter the link item name (up to 20 characters) which will be displayed in the Index menu.|
|Favorite URL||: Enter any URL you want to set (up to 64 characters). Do not count "http://" at the top.|
|Description||: Enter any comments concerning the URL above (up to 64 characters).|
- Note -
- Links to ftp are not supported.
|RESET||: Refresh the status to the same as when the power is turned on. Click this button to make the changes effective.|
|RETURN TO DEFAULT||: Returns the network interface to the default settings.|
- Note -
- Even if you change the settings and click SUBMIT, the changes do not take effect. You need to reset the network interface by clicking the RESET button or turning the scanner off and on.
- When you click RETURN TO DEFAULT, all the settings you made are erased and return to the default settings.
|Old Password||: Enter the current password. No default password is set at the factory.|
|New Password||: Enter the new password.|
|Re-Input Password||: Re-enter the new password.|
- Note -
- If you forget your password, you need to return the all settings to the default settings by clicking RETURN TO DEFAULT. All settings you made are erased, so do not forget your password.
- If you set a password, you may be asked for the user name and the password depending on the browser you use. Leave the user box blank. Enter the password only.
|This section is for updating the Home Page of EpsonNet WebAssist.|
|Filename||: Enter the file name which you want to update with the full path.|
|UPDATE||: Updates to the file specified in the Filename.|
- Note -
- If EpsonNet WebAssist has been corrupted for some reason, you need to update EpsonNet WebAssist using ISS110bE.PAC located on the CD-ROM.